Custom Blog Design and Development
Ten reasons every business needs a blog
In the late 1990s, when web logs emerged, they were people’s personal journals, kept mainly for family and friends. As technology improved and people began spending more and more time on the internet, blogs, as they came to known, became more serious ways to communicate.
Businesses took notice and adapted blogs for their own use. Today a business without a blog is missing serious marketing opportunities. According to various sources, adding a blog can increase leads by 55% to 67%.
What is a blog?
A blog is a page on your website on which you regularly post your thoughts on your business and your industry. Its easy-to-use format allows you to write and post it yourself in a more conversational style than your main website.
A blog is multi-media and can consist of articles, images, hypertext and video and audio files – all with backlinks to your website, preferably to landing pages that can convert responses to leads.
Features of a blog include not just the content but also archives of all previous posts, comments and questions from your readers and sometimes a special offer or call to action.
To reinforce your brand, an effective blog is designed to support the branding already established in your main website in terms of color, style and graphic elements.
Ten reasons your business should have a blog
A blog can offer you ten key benefits:
- Higher traffic and leads than your main website
- Improved SEO
- Greater credibility with prospects, customers and Google
- Ease of use so you can manage and update it yourself
- Better communications with your customers and prospects
- Better customer service as a result
- Cost-effective marketing
- Creation of a community of followers
- More online business connections
- More online social connections as your visitors share your content with their social pages
Six tips for a successful blog
- Post regularly
- Write on a topic about which you are knowledgeable and passionate
- Provide information your customers want and need
- Respond to comments quickly and thoughtfully
- Include a call to action
- If you don’t like to write, pick a person in your company who does or hire a ghostwriter
How to get a successful blog for your business
Let us add a blog to your website. For $500, our basic blog package offers you all of the benefits above plus:
- Setup and integration of site design using blog software
- Ease of use so you can create journal categories, entries and archives
- Connection with social media outlets so your blog posts are pushed to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn automatically
- 30 minutes of over-the-phone training
To see some blogs we have created, please go to:
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866.413.7952.