Atlanta Search Engine Optimization
Online marketing presents its fair share of challenges, not the least of which is understanding how to get your site to rank well on the major search engines. More than 80% of internet-active consumers utilize search engines to find products, services and information. Considering how much competition there is on the web today, your ranking in the search engines can make or break your online marketing strategy. Atlanta-based NicheLabs has the knowledge and expertise you need to implement an effective and powerful search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
A superior search engine optimization initiative consists of several components, each of which plays an important part in a unified strategy:
- Keyword research – To compete well in the search engines, you need to identify keywords and phrases that are relevant to your business, searched on frequently, and are highly competitive. Without the right tools and experience, this type of research can be a daunting and time consuming process, with little guarantee of success. NicheLabs has the tools and experience needed to ensure successful keyword research, and the selection of keywords and phrases that will move your site up in the major search engines.
- Strategic use of keywords in meta data, descriptions, and tags; page titles; and file names – NicheLabs reviews your website’s architecture to make sure that it is SEO-friendly. If it is, NicheLabs SEO specialists apply the selected keywords and phrases to the meta data sections of your site, and incorporates them into your site’s page titles and file names. If your site’s architecture is less than friendly to a robust SEO effort, we will tell you, and make recommendations on what steps you need to take.
- Content/SEO copywriting – Key to the success of your search engine marketing efforts is the skilful incorporation of your selected keywords and phrases in the content on your page. On the surface, this might seem like an easy thing, but some of the most effective key phrases are comprised of oddly placed words based on the way people conduct their searches. Rules of grammar (and sometimes logic) pretty much go out the window when we search for things online. It can be quite a challenge to work key phrases into readable copy, and to ensure the proper keyword density (the number of occurrences of a keyword or phrase). Also, the search engines’ algorithms favor sites with regularly updated content, and pages added with meaningful copy.
- Linking strategies – Having an abundance of links to sites with meaningful content is a great way to give your search engine placement a boost. There are two types of linking – direct and indirect. Direct linking involves identifying and pursuing relationships with linking partners outside of your site. These could be other businesses within your industry, suppliers, informational sites, or professional discussion forums. Indirect linking involves links to social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn; your blog; press releases; or white papers that you have posted on syndicated articles sites.
- Ongoing SEO maintenance – Two of the biggest factors in maintaining high search engine placement are making frequent changes and additions to your content, and keeping your keywords and phrases fresh (i.e. ensuring that they are still relevant and competitive). Once you get your site set up, and your search engine optimization in place, it is all too easy to forget about it and let your content and search engine optimization grow stale. But allowing that to happen will eventually result in degradation of your website’s placement on the search engines. NicheLabs can take this responsibility off of your shoulders, and manage your search engine optimization program for you so that you really can sit back and forget about it – without losing your placement on the search engines.
Please contact NicheLabs in Atlanta today to ask about our search engine optimization and maintenance services.